Fahad Saleem is a humanitarian and development professional practitioner in the social sector for the last 12 years in Pakistan. He has in-depth experience in field of livelihoods, microfinance, empowering youth on employment and entrepreneurship, social inclusion and gender, DRR-Resilience and women economic empowerment across Pakistan
During his 9 years of Development practice he manages to achieve significant milestones such as:
- Youth employability network which is volunteering forum to explore various opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship with thanks to VSO international Pakistan
- Facilitated women entrepreneurs to form “Business women forum” focusing on business inclusion of home-based workers. We engage 16 women chambers of commerce and industries across Pakistan for such volunteering business inclusion forums.
- 1500 Women Artisan Network for KP/FATA artisans to strengthen their products marketing and product innovations.
- Women business facilitation centre in Peshawar for artisans especially woman which provide enabling environment for business expansion and a platform for products display.
- Women microfinance branch was a woman run entity to cater the financing needs of the small businesses in Peshawar. It was effort to gain momentum for 2500 women financial and business inclusion process in KP/FATA.
- 40 Women Self Help Groups comprises of widows who are detereming to empower vulnerable widows and orphans to have access to quality education, health services and secured livelihoods.
Fahad Saleem together with his team and vulnerable women especially widows and orphans are focusing on resilience and developing linkages with the services providers especially government services providers which includes access to government funds for vulnerable widows and families. The process has open new dimensions for volunteering in development and humanitarian context.