Opening ceremony (45 min)
• IAVE’s Welcome Message by KYLEE BATES World President, the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE)
• Volunteer Spirit Network’s Welcome Message by NUNTINEE MALANON, Manager, Volunteer Spirit Network
• Opening Remark by CHUTI KRAIRIKSH, Minister of Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (Thailand)
• Keynote speaker, DAICHI KONUMA (KEYNOTE), Co-Founder and CEO, Cross Fields
Plenary Session: “Unlocking the Power of Volunteering” (90 min)
What are the locks and what is the power of volunteering once we have the key. The theme will be viewed and discussed from the different perspectives of representatives from policy implementation, volunteer-involving organization and the corporate sector.
• SAYAKA SONOBE, Manager Project Operation Department, The Nippon Foundation Volunteer Support Center
• CHUNG WOON FAN, FLORA, CEO, Agency for Volunteer Service
• KINJAL JAIN, Deputy Manager - Community Services at Tata Sustainability Group Moderator: HATTAYA WONGSAENGPAIBOON Volunteering for Development, Technical Lead, VSO
2. Unlocking with technology
Making volunteering a popular lifestyle through apps and online platforms.
How online platforms can help volunteers and social organisations to find the right match to do more and better together.
Plenary Session: "Simple but not simpler" (90 minutes)
How do we ensure organisations that work through and with volunteers are both impactful and responsible in their practice
The experts in the panel will share inspiring best practices in the different areas ‘Duty of Care’, ‘Volunteer Management’, ‘Designing and Delivering Volunteering Programs’ and ‘Measuring Volunteer Impact’ as part of the global standards of volunteering.
• PROF. GRACE AGUILING DALISAY, System Director, Ugnayan ng Pahinungód, University of the Philippines
• WENDY OSBORNE OBE, Senior Consultant, the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE)
• SOPHAT SORN, Founder/Director, Cambodia Youth Action
• NALITRA THAIPRASERT, Evaluation and Research Specialist for Education, VSO Moderator: RAHIM HASSANALI, Volunteering Leadership Project Manager, VSO
3. Volunteer Management in social services
How to recruit and incorporate your volunteer program in social service organisations.
Psychological models to understand the perspectives of volunteers and service users
6. Responsible Volunteering – Do no harm!
Let’s promote responsible volunteering!
What to do to prevent any crimes or troubles from happening?
Who is responsible for reducing risks or for handling a situation when something terrible should happen?
When risks happen, they could harm people you primarily want to support.
1. Monitoring the SDG’S
Pairing advocacy channels with volunteers to engage citizen and strengthen their relationship with authorities in power
Meaningful engagement through community-led monitoring and social media to engage in activities around the SDGs and the Volunteer National Review.
2. Partnering for SDGs
Transformative corporate partnerships and how to strengthening the sector with a partnership framework and measuring the social value of employee volunteering
4. Let’s Talk Volunteering!
An opportunity to meet members of the IAVE Team and find out more about the work of the organisation including meeting the new Executive Director Nichole Cirillo. We will share what is happening with leadership development, global corporate volunteering, working with partners to deliver the SDGs and IAVE’s newest initiative ‘Volunteering Together’, find out about Global Friends and Ambassadors for Volunteering.
5. Let’s Creative Innovative Ways of Collaboration Across Asia Pacific
Join this interactive forum to meet and connect with practitioners from different sectors. Learn about their development projects and how it might link to your work. Actively engage to find practical ways of working together and creating new forms of collaborations for the benefit of all.
Plenary Sesion: "Flipping the SDGs conversation" (90 minutes)
Instead of asking ‘what are the SDGs?’, let us ask ‘what makes the life of disadvantaged people better?’. How volunteering can contribute to sustainable development, and what is happening in the region?’.
The plenary we will share and discuss from different angles how we can encourage and provide accessibility to people from all walks of life to engage in volunteerism. Also, what does ‘leave no-one behind’ mean for volunteering today? How is volunteering reaching into the lives of the poorest people? (* SDGs is UN’s Sustainable Development Goals).
• ADRIENNE PICONE, Chief Executive Officer, Volunteering Australia
• PROFESSOR VIRASAKDI CHONGSUVIVATWONG Executive Director, Institute of Research and Development for Health of Southern Thailand
• MANON BERNIER, Regional Portfolio Manager, Asia and the Pacific for the United Nations Volunteer program (UNV) Moderator: RENAUD MEYER, UNDP Resident Representative to Thailand
Plenary Session: “Stronger together” (90 minutes)
What are the benefits of multi-sector and cross-cultural collaboration and what barriers do we need to overcome in diverse forms of partnerships to UNLOCK THE POWER OF VOLUNTEERING?
Let’s have a conversation about cross-sector partnerships, cross-cultural collaboration and engagement across demographics.
• HEEKYUNG JO MIN, Executive Vice President of Global CSR Management at CJ Cheiljedang Corporation
• VICHIEN PHONGSATHORN, Chairman of Premier Group of Companies
• MICHELLE KITNEY, Chief Executive, Volunteering New Zealand Moderator: SACHAL ANEJA, Asia-Pacific Corporate Engagement Manager, VSO
12.30 - 12.45 Presentation : Key Takeaways of 16th IAVE Asia Pacific Regional Volunteer Conference by Stephanie Mueller, Conference Program Coordinator
12.45 - 13.00 Presentation : IAVE World Volunteer Conference 2020 by The Emirates Foundation
13.00 - 13.10 Closing Remark by IAVE Nichole Cirillo, Executive Director
13.10 - 13.20 Closing Remark by Volunteer Spirit Network Nuntinee Malanon, Manager
13.20 - 13.30 Wrap up Video Presentation